How I'm Handling Change in My Life
Updated: Apr 28, 2022
I think we can always tell when things are changing in our life, but if you aren't familiar of the signs that God is changing things in your life here are some signs:
• Suddenly you're irritated all the time.
• Suddenly you're dissatisfied when you used to be content.
• One of your relationships has ended or become strained.
• You suddenly lose a job or opportunity for no good reason.
• You get repeat messages that change is coming in your life.
A shift is happening in my life and I know so because of the 1st two signs that I mention above, also God has confirmed several times.
I was feeling cheerful and relieved when God sent a messenger to tell me things were changing, but I now understand that change is a process.
Honestly, the process is uncomfortable, and frustrating because I'm looking forward to new beginnings. It's also difficult to keep believing that anything is changing because it's happening in an unexpected way. The timeline is not what I expected so I keep feeling like I need to do "something" to make the change happen. I get tired of hearing my own self talk about I can't wait for God to do this and God to do that, but my irritation and discomfort is so great that it transforms into words.
When I have a moment to calm down, I go back to the facts and not just any facts, but God's facts. His facts are:
• It's time for a change; Its time for you to have your own things.
• The work I started in you, I will finish. (Philippians 1:6)
• My word is unfailing. (Psalm 33:1-5)
• The righteous will reap in their season of harvest. (Galatians 5:9)
• His help is very present in times of trouble and it's not delayed (Psalm 46:1)
The change God promised you may not be to bless you with your own things, but some other change, but all the other facts are certainly relevant for you. God will bring to pass what he told you, you can trust his word to do so, he's a help in times of trouble, and when you do the right thing, even when it seems its unnoticed God will reward you.
My advice to myself and to any of you readers who are experiencing a shift that's uncomfortable is:
• Trust God to do what he promised.
• Keep yourself in an atmosphere of Faith, because Faith is key in this time!
• When God gives you instructions, be obedient, even if the command seems to be unreasonable. He could be ready to deliver you any moment so your obedience is key!
• While you wait for God's promise to come to pass, be a blessing to someone else and also do what you know is the right thing to do.
I hope this has encouraged someone else today. Remember GOD IS IN CONTROL & GOD KEEPS HIS PROMISES!